Spectrum Sharing Shows Promise for Broadband AccessMay 2019 - Jeff Johnston
- Citizens Broadband Radio Service, or CBRS, has introduced a new spectrum sharing business model that will improve broadband coverage in rural America.
- A robust hardware ecosystem will help reduce capital costs and give operators time to market benefits.
- Spectrum sharing enables smaller operators to deploy “carrier grade” fixed wireless networks without having to invest in licensed spectrum.
- Deploying standards-based equipment will increase network valuations, improve throughput speeds, and make regional CBRS operators strategically attractive to tier-one operators looking to expand their coverage footprints.
- The CBRS band is an attractive option for CAF-II recipients to meet their buildout requirements.
Agriculture & Agribusiness
Subscribe to Reports
If you’re a customer of CoBank and would like to receive the latest Knowledge Exchange reports, please take a moment to provide us with your contact information and area of interest.